At the beginning of 2019, I set myself an end of the year reading goal of 70 books.
I started strong but by December I couldn’t even remember the last time I had opened up a book. I think my failure was due to focusing on achieving the goal of 70 books rather than enjoying and absorbing what I read. I grew bored and finished the year at only 30 books.
This year, my primary goal is to read 60 books. I lowered the amount and will be reading a mix of fiction, non-fiction, and textbooks. My secondary goal is to write a short book review for each. I’m thinking at a minimum between 200 – 300 words.
I have two objectives:
- Develop a reading habit rather than a scrolling, YouTube, or Netflix habit
- Learn. History, finances, business skills, etc.
My reading list below is not yet complete and is not posted in order. I’ll be updating it with titles regularly. Also, some of the books are rereads. If you have a book suggestion, send it over!
Follow me on Goodreads to see progress and reviews.
So far, I’ve finished four books:
- Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins
- The Narrows by Michael Connelly
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Find interesting books of every genre and get inspired to read a bit more this year with my reading list.
Reading List for 2020
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur Clarke
- 2010: Odyssey Two by Arthur Clarke
- 2061: Odyssey Three by Arthur Clarke
- 3001: The Final Odyssey by Arthur Clarke
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Age of Conquests – The Greek World from Alexander to Hadrian (336 BC – AD 138) by Angelos Chaniotis
- American God by Neil Gaiman
- The Art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnegie
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin
- Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
- The Black Death from Captivating History
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
- Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Egyptian Mythology by Matt Clayton
- Excel Dashboards and Reports for Dummies
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris
- Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by Agatha Christie
- Hero – The Life & Legend of Lawrence of Arabia by Michael Korda
- How to Talk to Anyone – 92 Little Tricks for Big Success in Relationships by Janine Driver
- The Odyssey by Homer
- The Olmecs from Captivating History
- Percy Jackson 1 by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson 2 by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson 3 by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson 4 by Rick Riordan
- Percy Jackson 5 by Rick Riordan
- The Pol Pot Regime by Ben Kiernan
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Story of King Arthur and His Knights by Howard Pyle
- The Story of Sir Launcelot and His Companions by Howard Pyle
- The Story of the Champions of the Round Table by Howard Pyle
- Teach Yourself Business Plans in 24 Hours by Michael Miller
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells